I have an obsession

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Allow me to confess one of them to you.

Enamel Pans!

Crazy, huh?

Let me tell yo why. You don't have to be fussy about what utensils you use when cooking them. You can get down and scrub them with steel wool or wire sponge when you goof and burn the rice on the bottom(I NEVER DO THAT!) Yeah Right, I do it all of the time. My DH does all of the dishes in our house. But when I burn something I always clean it. Enamel pans are the greatest for my somewhat forgetful way of cooking. And where do I get these little Jems? Why, at the local neighborhood goodwill.

This is my egg pan, not becase I cook eggs in it. I am sure you can see why. It is perfect for cooking dried beans, rice, and heating up a can of soup.And here is my latest acquisition. It doesn't have a name. It is highly useful in skillet meals and hamburger helper. It's durability has already been tested. I burned hamburger helper on the bottom of it this week when I walked away(always the multitasker), and it is just as pristene without a stain on it. I love my little forgiving pans. The hubs is getting tired of trying to fit them all in the drawers.


7 comments:

Victoria said...

What happy little pans! I love that your pans have a name.

Yard sale time is just around the corner. I can't wait!!!

Julie said...

those are fun, and great finds at goodwill!

Christina said...

I love enamel pans too, though right now I only have one--a dutch oven. I burn rice too. : )Or at least cook it until it sticks. Isn't that a requirement to cooking rice?

The yellow one is so sunny!

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

The yellow one is so cute and cheerful. I like it! I'll have to look at the section next time I'm in Goodwill! Every now and then I burn something and my pans are sooo hard to clean.

Manuela

Tana said...

i love your pans! i'm going to have to watch goodwill, too.

Meg said...

Okay, Vicky's comment got me all excited! I can't wait to go to yard sales!!! I think I might have to get me an enamel pan. I like the way they look. Not too sure about your egg one though.

Kellogg said...

OMG! That yellow thing is sooo adorable! I might have to rummage through the goodwill near my house sometime this weekend. I never even look at the home stuff.